A big thank you to Akshata for introducing me in this Blog Party – do check out her blog 😊
1. The fact I’m populating this planet with 2 extra Sikh babies makes it pretty darn special and amazing.My religion and my roots make me who I am and I’m very proud of being a STRONG SARDARNI.
2. I can actually make fun of my one fake breast and other women breasts and portray the hai bechaari role to perfection and then die laughing because in reality it was all actually hilarious.I’ve also had major “there’s one breast missing” faux pas’ in the recent times.
3. I love my scars – all 18 of them. At various parts of my body, they signify the different phases of my life and no matter how big or small, There’s always something I’ve learnt from them.
4. I multitask like a boss-babe and no male that I know of comes even close. Even in my 8th month of pregnancy I was planning and executing a family member’s wedding, ALL BY MYSELF.
5. My cancer has not changed anything for me or my body apart from my attitude towards life and living healthy. I now think of myself first and everyone else later because if I don’t have my health I can’t do anything for anybody else least of all my kids. This includes giving myself the much needed ME TIME.
6. The women around me, empower me to think BIG and GO FOR IT and this includes women from my INSTAFAMILY. You’ve really made me think beyond the normal and I’m glad that you’re all a part of my life.
7. I love the men around me for various reasons specially my son. He has anger and tantrums built in him but he also has tears and empathy for everyone not just his mother and sister. He has looked after me and kissed me and calmed me on days when I couldn’t even make it out of bed and I feel fantastic knowing that I created this person who is fabulous in more ways than one.
8. I love the fact that I can randomly go around distributing my hugs to whoever and wherever I want because you know, I AM A WOMAN.
9. I love the fact that I cry with just as much ease as I can laugh.
10. But most importantly, I LOVE BEING A WOMAN BECAUSE IT MAKES ME A PERSON THAT IS SIMILAR TO HALF THE POPULATION ON THIS PLANET BUT STILL DIFFERENT IN HER SENSE OF LOVE, HAPPINESS, STYLE AND GENEROSITY. I FEEL ABUNDANT BEING A WOMAN.
I would like to introduce the next blogger in this blog party – Pooja Jha is a former early childhood educator, former instructor in Kumon, now the full-time mom, part-time blogger, writer, and explorer. She likes to share her thoughts and views about parenting and healthy living by this blog.
Do check out her blog on http://embracingideas.com/letter-to-younger-self/